Noobs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Franken Smitty 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rayfranks
    Participant

I have three 14-year-old sons who enjoy gaming (as do I), but they probably have no experience with the advanced board games and live RPGs likely featured at CharCon. They are somewhat familiar with D&D, but not in the sense that they’ve ever experienced a live campaign. They have played many basic board games (not much Avalon Hill and the like, although they have heard me talk about Acquire, Rail Baron, Empire Builder, etc.), billions of video games, and I have taught them Rook and some rudimentary bridge. I would like to have any or all of them attend CharCon, but I’d prefer to know first whether there would be any games or activities geared toward relative beginners. They are fast, enthusiastic learners. Thanks.

Harvey Sponaugle
    Participant

There are many games, that are set up for new players, and every game master is willing to teach beginners. I have my 13yr old nephew coming this weekend so I can show him more of the gaming world. Some of the games I am participating with him in are Cosmic Encounters which is an easy to learn and outrageous fun. Tiny Epic Galaxies, which is easy to learn. Bolt action Demo, which is a WWII miniatures games set up for beginners. A 5th D&D game for beginners, and finally MARS ATTACKS: The Dice game, which is a super easy to learn game. Hope to see you there.

Kiva
    Participant

Bring them by the Double Exposure area. We’re running championships for six board and card games that are fairly easy to learn. I’m teaching folks how to play them before each championship begins. Who knows, one of them could end up going home with a trophy as West Virginia State Champion of one of the games and have the chance to go on to regional or even national glory!

rayfranks
    Participant

Thank you for the kind replies. At least one of them will be there the entire weekend, and the others may drop by on Saturday on Sunday. They’re excited!

Franken Smitty
    Participant

Just because I can…

My friends and I run a living campaign of West End Games D6 Star Wars. We always welcome new players and it’s fairly easy to pick up. Just look for the Sparks group. We’ll be there all weekend long.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.