running games at charcon

Front Page Forums Discussion Forum running games at charcon

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Travis 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

chubby monkey
    Participant

I was wanting to run some fantasy
    Skirmish games on Saturday but I’m not going to play other games. How much would it cost me and do you offer a refund for games hosted because other game conventions do

Travis

Hi!

Our Saturday badge cost is $25. We do not have a GM badge or refund program. We do however reward GM’s with Raffle Tickets for running games.

All games are submitted on the MSTB site. If you need any help with that process let us know.

What sort of Fantasy games did you have in mind?

Thanks!

Travis

chubby monkey
    Participant

Im on their already funnong once upon a time and planned to run a sifi one after that but did not post it yet not sure if im going or not why cant i buy a no player pass ang get tickets since im just running games too high of a price without charging players to play otherwise and i dont want to charge anything to play

chubby monkey
    Participant

Their is a group of guys i play with in ashland that play their own games but are turned off by the cost since we actually could care less about the tickets 20 or 25 is way too much to charge for people doing you a favor running games. Last year from what i seen was very poor on gaming for miniatures

Travis

I completely understand your concern. GM appreciation and badge costs are things we discuss every single year. We would love to be able to have lower prices and do more. However, the reality of the situation is that the venue that is available to us is VERY expensive. CharCon is part of a non-profit business and if we can’t pay the bills each year (which we often are barely able to do), CharCon will simply cease to exist.

Miniatures has been a focus for us lately and we expect to have an even better offering this year. If there is something in particular that you would like to see, let us know and we will do what we can.

I hope things works out so that you and your friends make it to the show. A Once Upon a Time game sounds like fun and Sci-Fi is always popular.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Travis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.