I did not want to do the playoffs for season 1 at Charcon, because so many of our players will be doing warhammer tournaments, running games, or are otherwise tied up. Instead, we are going to have the playoffs over a few weeks in a little over a month.
Here is how the playoffs will go down!
1. Each coach can only have one league team eligible for the playoffs. Email which team you will play to me by November 1.
2. Playoff seeding by win percentage. Tie breaker will be ELO.
3. The matchups (including a bracket) will be posted on stuntyleeg, on charcon forums, and sent out by email on the Wednesday November 3.
4. Week one (Week of Sunday November 7) will be the wildcard round for those without a bye.
5. Week two (Week of Sunday November 14) will be the elite eight.
6. Week three (Week of Sunday November 21) will be the final four and the Rifleman Cup Championship (the Super Bowl).
7. Matches can be played anytime agreeable to the players, but if no agreement can be reached you must be present at the store on Sunday. We may be able to swap opponents to help with schedules, if everyone agrees and it doesn't benefit the person with the scheduling conflict.
8. Number of byes / wildcard matchups will depend on how many teams we have participating. Twelve teams playing, four byes, thirteen teams playing three byes, 17 teams playing, no byes and a play-in game, etc.
9. I am working on prize support for this event and will keep you updated. At a minimum we will have a full team for the winner, and we will probably have more.
10. Other league games can go on during the playoffs, but only teams that have been eliminated or are not participating may play league games. If a team is still alive in the bracket, you may only play the scheduled playoff games with that team.
11. We will not force any team to retire if they win the playoffs, but they will be encouraged to if they are at a high team value. Any team that wins two championships must be permanently retired. Voluntarily Retired teams remain on the stuntyleeg site, and so can be brought out of retirement to play for special exhibition matches, or in a future veterans division.
Post any questions here.