What are you playing?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Forum Fifty Club Bryan Stewart is on a distinguished road Bryan Stewart's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Awards:
    CharCon Community Zealot !
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Blog entry Overdrive 5000 Experience Points

Default What are you playing?

Not right this minute, well it could be, but I was just wondering what everyone is playing if anything. Christmas is coming up and prices drop, new games come out and so on. So i was wondering what you are playing, planning on playing or hoping on playing.

Me, I'm playing Shadowrun RPG, Resident Evil Deck Building game, some Ascension, a spattering of Magic the Gathering, and that is about it. I plan on getting Into Star Wars The Old Republic but probably not until sometime in January.
    And the blood will drain down like devils rain, and we will bathe tonight

I play various board games every week. Here are some from the last 5 game sessions over 2 weeks. New games to me have been LOTR: The Card Game (pretty good), Navegador (pretty good), Small World: Underground (very good), Dice Town Extinsion (improves on the original - good), Evolution:The origin of species (OK but needs something), Trajan (pretty good but that could change either way), Eaten by Zombies (deck building then the Zombies start destroying your deck - pretty good), Eminent Domain (another deck builder - good), Mord im Arosa (funny game where you drop colored cubes in a 3D building and try to guess where they are to "solve the mystery" - it is a wonderful example of creative game design), Fealty (new game coming out soon - very good). Older games I have played recently are 7 Wonders (excellent), Kremlin (excellent), Age of Renaissance (good but long), Peloponnes ( very good), Qwirkle (German game of the year - very good).

I am also looking at getting back to playing an RPG. There has been some talk of a D&D or Pathfinder game which would fit my preferred high fantasy theme but we also have a GM that has a Star Wars campaign ready to go so we might do that. I used to GM AD&D 2nd ed but have only played one beginner session of Pathfinder since then. I don't even know how "feats" work. That is how out of date I am. lol
    CharCon Boardgame Dude

Forum Fifty Club nightgaunt98c is on a distinguished road nightgaunt98c's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

I've been playing magic more than anything, partially because it's so easy to find people to play with. I'd like to get some roleplaying in, and I do have a Warhammer Fantasy army to work on, then I can add that to my list.

Forum Fifty Club dannylilly2000 is on a distinguished road dannylilly2000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Created Blog entry Social Overdrive Veteran

I've been playing lots of Pathfinder lately and loving it. Played the D&D Board game Wrath of Ashardalon last night and had a blast, hoping to pick up the Drizzt one. For Magic I've been playing the Commander variant a ton, I like the casualness of it more than anything, plus it gets insane at times.

I am a board game fanatic as well but I don't play nearly as many as Charlie. Cargo Noir, Pompeii, D&D the Legend of Drizzt (the board game), Tiki Mountain, and Lost Cities are just a few of them that I have played recently. I have also been creating two games of my own , one of which is almost done. I will probably bring it to IGTFE on Nov. 18th. Come on out I will have Magic cards with me as well.
    Ichthys Games Rep

Forum Fifty Club Bryan Stewart is on a distinguished road Bryan Stewart's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Awards:
    CharCon Community Zealot !
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Blog entry Overdrive 5000 Experience Points

I got behind on posting replies lol so i'll hit them up.

That is a ton of boardgames, I like the deck building game idea it is a lot of randomness, and with expansions it gets even better in my opinion. Deck building games actually pull players from Magic and RPG's into their fold. I see people playing deck building games at the local hobby store on many occasions. As for getting back into RPG's the feat system is pretty simple, so don't worry about being over your head. D&D 3.0, 3.5 and pathfinder or as a lot of geeks call it 3.75 is easy to play don't sweat it.

Magic is pretty easy to find players, and I like magic I just hate the cost lol....as for RPG's what are you looking to get into? I know Encounters should be ran every Wednesday, and I heard talk of pathfinder games being ran as well...don't know for sure but I heard about star wars d6 too. And what Fantasy Army are you playing? I was going to do wood elves because I thought they looked awesome to me.

Your playing Pathfinder? What level and is it for the Pathfinder Society or just playing to play. Wrath of Ashardalon and Drizzt are along the same lines are they not? I have not played them but I was wondering if it was like Warhammer Fantasy Quest? I.E. Random tiles, monsters and treasure with leveling (sort of) characters?? I have never played Magic Commander but I have seen people play it, didn't they release a preconstructed decks?? I don't play in tournament play i just play casually and help friends design decks to use.

I don't think anyone can beat Charlie on boardgames lol, anything in particular your playing a lot of? My group goes in spurts, hell we played probably 10 games of Resident Evil but haven't touched it since...same thing with Munchkin and Zombies!!! I think we just burn ourselves out fast....
    And the blood will drain down like devils rain, and we will bathe tonight

Matthew Smith, Pathfinder Matthew Smith is on a distinguished road Matthew Smith's Avatar
    Follow Matthew Smith On Twitter
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Achievements:
    Veteran Your first Group Tagger 2nd Class Overdrive Social

I've been playing lots of Pathfinder lately and the occational Mage:The Ascension. If I can pull the logistics together, it looks like we'll be having some Pathfinder going on at The Rifleman on Black Friday. Got to talk to a few people today and then we will announce something soon. We're also lining up some GMs to have it on a regular basis there.

I went to BGG.CON in Dallas last weekend so I had another big boardgame weekend.
    I played Alien Frontiers (very good), Power Grid First Sparks (Very good), Pantheon (good), Walnut Grove (almost good), Panic Station (OK), Aquileia (good), Rosenkonig (good), Sun Sea and Sand (Good), Masons (good), Airlines Europe (Very Good), Airships (good), Castles of Burgandy (very good), Beowulf (good), Trajan (good), Tammany Hall (good), Drako (very good), poker, Arkadia (very good), String Railway transport (good), Last Will x2 (good), Hawaii (good), On the Underground (very good), Kingdom Builder x2 (very good), ...Salty Sea (good), and Pax (good). I need to play most of these again before I can really decide how good they are.
    BGG.CON was awesome.
    Last edited by Charlie Davis; 12-09-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    CharCon Boardgame Dude

If you want to see what I have been playing lately go to www.boardgamegeek.com At the top of the page do a search under "users" for wkusau. That's me. Click on my face to go to my page. On the right side scroll down until you see PLAYS click on chronological. That is what I have been playing. You can find Dave Gilligan as Samuraicat the same way.
    The last game I played (as of this writing) was Mage Knight the Board Game. It was pretty good. It is kind of a cross over between role playing and boardgames. It has some fiddly rules but is set up in a structured way so that you learn new things by playing the scenarios in order. I had a good time playing it.
    CharCon Boardgame Dude

Ann James Mistress Lilac is on a distinguished road
    Follow Mistress Lilac On Twitter Add Mistress Lilac on Facebook Add Mistress Lilac on Google+
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Social Created Album pictures Veteran Overdrive

I have been playing D&D 4E and playtested the new D&D 5th edition at Origins. I try to attend the Icthy's 3rd Friday Games Night every month. Almost always, I get to play at least one new boardgame there that I have never played. Recently, I have played Ticket to Ride, Cargo Noir, Who's the Boss , and lots of Lords of Waterdeep. I have also played some Magic the Gathering recently.

Christmas is coming up and I really wish the local gamestores had layaway.

+ Reply to Thread