Have you ever played...
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever played...

Forum Fifty Club Bryan Stewart is on a distinguished road Bryan Stewart's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Awards:
    CharCon Community Zealot !
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Blog entry Overdrive 5000 Experience Points

Default Have you ever played...

There are tons of games and tons of systems out there. I was wondering what are some of the rare games you played.

I find that the more rare games are baised on T.V. shows and movies. Did you know there was a Leverage RPG?? Right now I am reading The "Angel RPG" by Eden Studios (baised on the Angel t.v. series)...the game paired with Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG was pretty damn good until Eden lost the License....

So What are some rare gems out there worth looking at?
    And the blood will drain down like devils rain, and we will bathe tonight

Here are some that I can either recommend or want to try. Most of these have at least a bit of horror in them:

Maschine Zeit - This one is on my shelf but I've never had a chance to play it. It's an indie RPG that has an like Event Horizon meets Pandorum vibe going.

Fiasco - Ok, this isn't a rare game but it's fairly unique from what I've been told. Everything I've heard about this is good.

Obsidian - One that's been sitting on my shelf for years only having been played once. It's a scifi/horror game where Hell has invaded earth and remade sections of it in its image.

A/state - the description is "steampunk roleplaying in a sepia-toned world." It's got a bleak, unique feel to it that's hard to describe. I've run it several times and it's highly recommended if you like scifi or specifically steampunk and horror mixed.

Blue Planet - I've got the 1st Ed and really enjoyed the world. It's cyberpunk/biopunk on a distant frontier planet. One of the few games I've played where you can have a Killer Whale or gen-lifted dolphin as a PC. Game wise, it's hard scifi and strives for realism.

Hong Kong Action Theater - I've tried both editions but prefer the first one. It does a good job with the genres it wants to portray.

Full Clip - a hong kong action type game using the 1P system. My first exposure to the system was with Broadsword so...

Broadsword - a swords and sorcery game using the 1P game system that emulates fantasy films from the 80's and 90's. It does it pretty well and is good for a beer and pretzels type of game.

And finally, two of my favorites I highly recommend:

Kult - dark, adult horror roleplaying. The best description I can give is it's a bit like hellraiser.
    SLA Industries - scifi + urban horror. A rich world with "meh" mechanics I swapped out years ago.

Although very outdated, the Ghostbusters RPG was hysterical with the group I played in. The premise was nothing like a rehash of the movies. Essentialy your characters opened a franchise from the New York office and went from there. If you find a copy the setting alone is worth ot.

Forum Fifty Club Bryan Stewart is on a distinguished road Bryan Stewart's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Awards:
    CharCon Community Zealot !
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Blog entry Overdrive 5000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Tau'Kat View Post
    Although very outdated, the Ghostbusters RPG was hysterical with the group I played in. The premise was nothing like a rehash of the movies. Essentialy your characters opened a franchise from the New York office and went from there. If you find a copy the setting alone is worth ot.
    I played that when it came out and I think i have some of the books on pdf...it was a hoot to play.
    And the blood will drain down like devils rain, and we will bathe tonight

+ Reply to Thread