Two things that Sean and I found - Rules - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two things that Sean and I found - Rules

Now that I've had a chance to sit down and read through the player's handbook, I've noticed a couple things that we were either doing wrong or that I wasn't aware of, along with a few other points of interest.

1-Since Ucoy is an artful dodger, he should get an AC bonus equal to his charisma modifier against opportunity attacks. I don't know if you were including this or not, but I didn't know about it before now. My new character is also an artful dodger, so I'll have to remember this. (Rogue Tactics, pg 117)

2-Doing a sneak attack, using an action point and then doing another sneak attack doesn't work, because you can only use it once per round, and using an action point doesn't create a new round. (Sneak Attack, pg. 117)

3-Ucoy should have gotten a +1 to hit with any attack using a dagger because of Rogue Weapon Talent. I don't think we were including that in his attacks, but I'm not sure. (My new character wields shurikens, so he'll get to use d6s instead of d4s from the same class feature.) (Rogue Weapon Talent, pg. 117)

4- When Ucoy and Faicon assassinated the sleeping Goblin Chief, they did more than enough damage to kill him, since a coup de grace results in an instant kill if the target takes damage equal to or greater than its bloodied value. (Coup De Grace, pg. 288)

5-Another point of interest - once per encounter, a character can gain combat advantage against an adjacent enemy by making a bluff vs. insight check against the target as a standard action. This could come in handy for a rogue, so I may take this instead of one of my other skills.(Bluff, pg. 183)

I think there were a few other things I noticed, if I can remember what they were, I'll post them here.
    Last edited by Doug James; 09-24-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Matt- I edited your post. I added numbers so i could answer it point by point.

1- I remember pointing this out to you when we first started. Then I guess we both forgot about it. But seriously, how many OA's did I really get against Ucoy? I think you were really careful to keep that number low.

2- I knew this, yet realize I was still letting you get away with it. I'll be sure to watch it from now on.

3- See my answer to number 1.

4- Oops. Missed that about the bloodied part. Turns out I made the right decision, though.

5-Now see, this ones funny because I remember reading this section aloud to you just a few weeks ago. I remember stressing to both you and Roy that you could use Skills in combat and that was one of the ones I focused on. I even remember considering making a "power" card for Bluff for you to help you remember, until I realized Ucoy didn't have Bluff as a trained skill.

Please, point out any more discrepancies you find. It's really helpful. We're working together to get the bugs out, things will get much smoother as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootin Bricks View Post

1- I remember pointing this out to you when we first started. Then I guess we both forgot about it. But seriously, how many OA's did I really get against Ucoy? I think you were really careful to keep that number low.
    True, but now that I'm playing a character with a better Charisma modifier, I may be tempted to let myself be a little less careful about opportunity attacks.

5-Now see, this ones funny because I remember reading this section aloud to you just a few weeks ago. I remember stressing to both you and Roy that you could use Skills in combat and that was one of the ones I focused on. I even remember considering making a "power" card for Bluff for you to help you remember, until I realized Ucoy didn't have Bluff as a trained skill.
    You're probably right, I probably just disregarded it at the time because I didn't realize how important combat advantage was to a Rogue. I'll probably be trading class training in insight for bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of the Bump View Post
    I'll probably be trading class training in insight for bluff.
    No problem.

+ Reply to Thread