Brainstorming for CharCon 2009
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming for CharCon 2009

Default Brainstorming for CharCon 2009

Hi to our regulars and our lurkers,

This is for any of you non-staffers that have some suggestions for ways to improve CharCon for the future. (Staff members have their own forum.)

Don't be negative, however if you didn't like something, you can tell us. The best thing is to give suggestions for improvement. Just throw out ideas. There is no need to debate individual ideas in this forum, though contradictory ideas are fine.

Understand that money, time, and labor are all in short supply for CharCon. The CharCon staff will take all of the suggestions and then make decisions based on what we think is best.

P.S. If you suggest work for others, don't be offended if we ask you to step up and volunteer your own time or money. That is how I got my staff status. lol
    CharCon Boardgame Dude

Don't know if you can do it, But....
    How about some of those rental lockers? you know the kind where you put in a quarter and you can stash your coat for a few hours. I brought my stuff for my game and didn't have a secure place to dump it. Or if there was a place, I missed it.
    Or if you can't do that, how about a "coat check" type of place? Pay a doller (or something) they store your stuff and give you a receipt.

Review 4 Initiative merb101 is on a distinguished road merb101's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 0%
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Achievements:
    Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger 2nd Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive

HGP has an interesting idea. It might be a strain on your volunteers though. I know there were a couple of times I had to run back to the parking garage in the mall to unload some items, especially some of the larger board games that were giveaways.

ME

Quote Originally Posted by merb101 View Post
    HGP has an interesting idea. It might be a strain on your volunteers though. I know there were a couple of times I had to run back to the parking garage in the mall to unload some items, especially some of the larger board games that were giveaways.

ME
    Maybe but the lockers take care of themselves. The folks incharge of the convention center might be able to set it up. Of course they will want the profits, but it wouldn't be a huge cashcow so your not out much.

. It might be a strain on your volunteers though.
    Give a call to the local Boy Scout or girl scout troop. They'll do it as a fundraiser.

Miniatures Coordinator Manny Arambula is on a distinguished road Manny Arambula's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Overdrive Social Created Blog entry

I know there were a couple of times I had to run back to the parking garage in the mall to unload some items, especially some of the larger board games that were giveaways.

ME
    How come you didn't park in the civic center parking garage? Not flaming, just asking.

Review 4 Initiative merb101 is on a distinguished road merb101's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 0%
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Achievements:
    Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger 2nd Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive

Prime, I have no idea. I wasnt the one driving. I think they were just more familiar with that garage and went there by habit.

ME

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    How come you didn't park in the civic center parking garage? Not flaming, just asking.
    The malls parking is only $1.50 The civic center was $3.00 (?)
    And the mall's was just as close, and has food nearby

Miniatures Coordinator Manny Arambula is on a distinguished road Manny Arambula's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Overdrive Social Created Blog entry

Quote Originally Posted by herogamer-parkersburg View Post
    The malls parking is only $1.50 The civic center was $3.00 (?)
    And the mall's was just as close, and has food nearby
    I did not pay either day. There was never anyone there collecting money. I came in on the side by the river.

Quote Originally Posted by herogamer-parkersburg View Post
    Give a call to the local Boy Scout or girl scout troop. They'll do it as a fundraiser.
    That's a great idea! So many of us brought so much bags full of gaming stuff and coats and such that we had to rotate people to keep an eye on it all, which was a bit of a hassle. I'd be all for paying a dollar with the knowledge that someone trustworthy is watching my stuff while I go off to play in a game. I think it wouldn't be hard to get a local boyscout/girlscout troop to come in and run something like that, and it might even give them an opportunity for the kids to earn a badge for the weekend. I remember when I was in girl scouts and we earned badges for everything, and I'm positive there was some sort of badge that dealt with learning new games or something similar. I'm going to have to go pull out my old sash and take a look at it now.

+ Reply to Thread